Friday, January 14, 2011

Arizona



The new year has brought with it some major changes. Gary Fisher has been absorbed by Trek essentially making Trek bikes the undisputed leaders in technology, performance, value and variety of choice under one brand.
My new home town is Maricopa, Arizona which is like being on another planet coming from Ohio. The riding is so much different here, I am not sure what to expect come race day.

After many years of racing occasionally some lessons need to be relearned. A very hectic 2010 reminded me just how important preparedness is. I was unable to finish so many races because of preventable mistakes. Eventually my lack of preparation caused me a bad crash and some broken bones. Another lesson is that occasionally life has to take precedence over racing. Sometimes there just is not enough time to fulfill my obligations AND train while maintaining my carbon superbike.

In 2011 I vow to be prepared, to finish every race, to carry at least one tube and a mini tool at every event. I vow to clean my bike and keep my tires freshly slimed.

There...it's in writing now.

My first race of the year is in one week. Also my first race in the desert! MBAA Race#1
McDowell Meltdown~! I will be competing in the 28 mile xc race as well as short track and super D events.

Today I tuned up the bike with a fork rebuild, headset bearings, new shock, grips, cables and housing, chain, cassette, crankset and bottombracket, new pedals and cleats, two new tires and new brake pads. That is prepared in my book!



No comments:

Post a Comment